Saturday, June 20, 2009

Speaking of Gay Marriage



I attended my first same sex marriage recently. My friends Abigail and Kat got married on June 13. I really enjoyed their wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and a great party with excellent vegetarian food from Ipanema.

I offered to film the ceremony since I have the camcorder and tripod I've been using to film Council meetings from my City Council blog . My first wedding video.

I fully support the rights of adults to marry whomever they choose. This is guaranteed by the "Equal Protection" established by the 14th Amendment. I also believe gay marriage is protected by the First Amendment's protection of religion. If any church recognizes and performs a same-sex marriage that should be afforded the same benefits and legal rights as a marriage between a man and a woman.

I believe in Equality among citizens.

No comments: